We all love our pets. We love cuddling them, watching movies with them, taking them to the beach and playing with them. We can’t help but obsess over their soft fur and those cute puppy dog eyes. We talk about our pets around the office and hunt down the best food and treats for them (only the best for our furbabies right?!)
But just in case you’re not sure if you’re totally addicted to your pet, here are 10 signs…
- You and your pet have combined likes and dislikes: Your cat doesn’t like watching Beethoven, so you don’t like watching Beethoven.
- You’ve left school or work to check on your pet during the day.
- You take your pet on specifically pet designed weekend outings like dog beaches, dog wineries, dog friendly cafes. If you can’t bring your best friend, what’s the point?
- You’re hoping the new iPad upgrade will recognise pawprints so you can facetime your pet during the day from the office.
- Your pet’s picture is your Christmas card design.
- You designed a New Year’s card just to give out more pictures of your pet.
- You get separation anxiety when parted with your pet.
- You’re currently knitting your pet a sweater to prepare for the colder months or googling, ‘best cat sunscreens’ for the hotter months.
- You talk to your pets like they are people and when you come home you ask how their day was and talk about yours to them.
- Your pet has its own Instagram page that you’ve set up and you put more time and effort into his/her page than your own. In fact, they have more followers than you.
Instagram stars Mimi, Ollie and Bruno know their mum is addicted to them because “she can’t leave us alone and always has to cuddle and kiss us and can’t even be away from us for one night!”