Having a cat to shower with affection is ‘the dream’ for most of us cat lovers (calling all #crazycatladies!) They become a part of your family and a lot of the time they think they are one of us.
However, as cat owners we know that life with a cat isn’t always smooth sailing. Some cats can be a little on the moody side, and love to get their own way!
Need some hacks to be a happy cat owner? Here are some tips:
- Invest in rubber gloves! This is the best way to get rid of cat hair and as you would know it gets EVERYWHERE. Haven’t we all been avoiding wearing black for this reason?! Rubber gloves can be used to strip hair from your clothes and furniture and they are super cost effective, which is a win win for everyone!
- Change the bowl to a plate. This is for all the picky eaters out there! We’ve all had a cat that just won’t eat their food! Here at the Daily Fluff, we’ve found that some cats just don’t like their bowl especially if it is limiting their whisker space! So why not try a flat dish and you may be pleasantly surprised.
- Keep their paws away from the cords. Does your cat love to chew on power cords too? It’s not only dangerous but it is also damaging. Get some rubber tubing to protect exposed cords and in turn protect your cat.
- You don’t need the 4 tiered cat post. While it’s no secret that cats do like these because they like to climb and be elevated, you don’t need to spend a lot of money to make them happy. Get creative at home and make your own cat post. A bookshelf or stacked boxes will surely do the trick!
- Use a bath mat. Stop the unwanted litter spreading throughout the house by keeping your cat’s litterbox in one designated area in your home. Another great tip is to have a bath mat next to their litter box to stop the mess from spreading!
- Build a cubby house. Cats love to play and for them, that usually means climbing or hiding. Create little hiding nooks for them throughout the house so they can have all the fun they could ever need! These could be made with some shirts or towels. You’ll be surprised how quickly it will become their new nap spot.
We hope this helps you overcome some of the stresses of being a cat owner! Which hacks are you going to try? Comment below and let us know.